Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a fundamentally new type of optical imaging modality. OCT performs high resolution, cross-sectional tomographic imagingof the internal microstructure in materials and biological systems by measuringbackscattered or backreflected light. Image resolutions of 1–15 µm can be achieved,one to two orders of magnitude higher than with conventional ultrasound. Imagingcan be performed in situ and in real time. The unique features of this technologyenable a broad range of research and clinical applications. This book, with chapterswritten by leading research groups in the field, provides a comprehensive descriptionof OCT technology as well as the current and future research and clinical applicationsof OCT. This introductory chapter provides an overview of OCT technology,background, and applications.
Incoming search terms:
- what is optical coherence tomography
- what is an optical coherence tomography
- What is Ocular Coherence Tomography
- Ocular coherence tomo
- optical coherence tomography vs ultrasound in cosmetic research
- optical coherence tomorgraphy
- understanding Ocular coherence tomography
- what is optical coherence tomography used for
- What is Optical Coherence Tomography?